Mobile meals (adult social care)
If you struggle to prepare meals or go to the shop to buy food, there are ways you can get support, including:
- home delivery from supermarkets - you can order online, or some supermarkets offer home delivery from store - find out more about support with food shopping.
- help from family, friends or a carer to prepare meals or go shopping
- many local restaurants will deliver hot meals
- equipment may help you to manage meals independently, for information on equipment for cooking and preparing food, go to Living Made Easy (find general information about Equipment and changes to your home)
Meal delivery services
There are companies that will deliver a wide range of nutritionally balanced meals and desserts to your door.
These companies can cater for a range of specialist diets:
- Home Comforts at Fit Belli Deli - delivers a range of healthy, convenient and nutritious meals to your door
- Oakhouse Foods - delivers freshly cooked frozen meals, groceries, toiletries and other household items, see Oakhouse Foods website
- Wiltshire Farm Foods - delivers freshly cooked frozen meals, see Wiltshire Farm Foods website
There are many more companies who offer mobile meals, see meal services and cafes for more information.
How it works
- Order by phone or online (no minimum order)
- Meals are delivered frozen
- You can pay with cash
- Drivers will unpack into your freezer if needed
Meal services and cafes
Bella's (Customs House)
Cafe at The Customs House.
Takeaway and delivery meal service.
Higher Hacknell Organic Farm
Organic home cooked frozen meals delivered to your door.
Hive Coffee Company at Jarrow Hall
Cafe offering locally sourced food, with fresh items on the menu everyday.
Home Comforts at Fit Belli Deli
Meals delivered straight to your door.
Hot meal delivery service.
More More More - Gourmet food delivery
More More More allows you to buy real, restaurant-quality fare online, for home delivery throughout the UK.
Swan's Café & Catering
Offers a range of hot and cold meals for breakfast and lunch.
The Bay Foodbank
The BAY Foodbank aims to provide emergency food provision to individuals or families experiencing a financial crisis.
Wiltshire Farm Foods
Frozen ready meals delivered to your door.
Need advice about the right support for you, a friend or relative?
Our team of trained advisers is here to help guide you to the right support to help you stay independent.
This could include connecting you to facilities and resources that are available in your community, finding care support services that you can arrange yourself, or accessing care support from the Council if eligible.
Email the Let's Talk team at LetsTalk@southtyneside.gov.uk or call 0191 424 6000.